Saturday, September 6, 2008

So I wrote the poem...

Just like I said I would. It's a sonnet in a sense of the rules, not with what they were usually about, but that's ok I think. Anyway, here it is:

*~*~*~*

NaNoWriMo Prep '08

To prepare myself for NaNo,
I started late in June.
Trying to sleep I suddenly said "oh!"
"I'll write about characters who can play a tune!"

And so I started to plot.
And as I wrote my ideas,
My characters began to fear naught,
And plunge into their arenas.

One will race across the sea,
Another travels through the land.
The third stays home, with all to see.
But all could easily have made a band.

Finally all three will meet up,
And tell their stories as they sup.

*~*~*~*

So here I really am begging for responses. I'm not much of a poet, so I would really like to hear from you with any suggestions.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It sounds cute :) Makes me want to read your NaNoWriMo novel once you've finished!

Unknown said...

Thanks! I don't usually write poetry, so I'm glad you like it. And we'll see how things go in November. My characters may mutiny and go off in different directions.

Binitwa said...

Well written for a first.
Trying to sleep I suddenly said "oh!"
"I'll write about characters who can play a tune!"
Cool lines. :)