Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Planning for November

Or plotting (muahahahaha!), as some like to call it, is going well right now. Today I'm starting school (I love being homeschooled, it gives me more free time to write), so I might not be able to do everything as well, but I got up early and did my writing on my neo in my room. I have a desk in there...I wonder what it's for? Duh. Someone bop me on the head and tell me I could've had a V8 please. Anyway, I haven't done anything lately, but I wanted to make sure I had posted that I got my idea at the end of June. Since then it's fleshed out quite nicely, and I'm already seeing subplots when I usually just stumble into them. Of course, if I don't add them in as I write or something else pops up, it's not a huge deal. I need to make sure my characters have a lot of personality, since I'm doing multiple first-person POV again this year. I loved doing it last year, even with all six of my MCs, but this year I only have three. It's not that I found six so much to manage, but three is all I needed this time around. In any case, my characters need to have their voices already ringing in my head by the time November starts.

That being said, I don't actually have my plot fleshed out from beginning to end. I have the bare-bones outline, with the very basics of what I want to happen. This year I feel like fleshing out a bit more before November for two reasons: One, I have more time; Two, I want to see how it works for me. If I do better with this tighter plot (which still isn't very tight), I'll try and do it more often. If I do better with the plot I had last year, being extremely loose, I'll go with that. But whatever direction my story goes, I hope I can just go with the flow and let things run their course. I'm not going to hold too tight to this plot, if my story wants to change I'll let it. I like having surprises, and hopefully they'll all be pleasant.

Let's see, what else is going on...well, I need to be actually starting school (it's almost 1:00 already)...oh! Tomorrow is going to be my busy day. I'm going to be gone from home virtually from 10 in the morning until something like 9 or 10 at night. Fun. I'll probably use my phone to send in a post while I'm waiting, and if I keep this up I might actually get into the habit of posting in this thing! -gasp-

No comments: