Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Statistics

Two days doesn't really get me enough data for much predictive stuff, but I can't help it. I wrote for 2.15 hours both days so far (or 2 hours 9 minutes, or 129 minutes), which is kinda funny, but totally accidental. Yesterday I got through 10 pages, today only 8. That makes for a 9-page-per-day average so far, and about 4 pages an hour. 4 pages an hour or so, times 50 makes for about 200 pages or so. The problem is, I don't have that many pages left in my manuscript to type up. I have... 176 pages left, and 45.7 hours left, but at the end of those hours I'll have 18 pages-worth of time left to work, which, assuming a constant rate (which all of these are), leaves me with about 4 hours. right. How long does it take for me to read through and format that again, I wonder? It's at least a good two hours... and I remember I have a section that needs rewriting, so that will take me a while, i guess.

Anyway! I'm in chapter uh... 5 I think. Exciting stuff. I'm not satisfied with the way one formatting came out, though. It's very confusing to read I think. I'll fix it later. I have to do some school first methinks. This month I finish up my Latin and get to start my next Italian book, and... huh. That's maybe about it. NaNoEdMo takes up my project juice quite nicely, honestly.

I definitely need to save some project juice for piano practice though. I mean seriously. That whole NaPiPraMo thing is sounding better all the time. Maybe that's next month. I might need a quick break before writing a novel, or something. April NaPiPraMo and plotting, and then May starts a summer novel. Yeah. I like this plan.

No comments: