Friday, March 4, 2011

And Another Spark.

The timing hasn't really improved. This one concerns Yavn's neighbor, Shorion. I have a little insight into their magic system now, which will be helpful during Crystal Glare, I suppose. Now I have more ideas with that, and I'm not supposed to be plotting that either, dangit!

Editing goes yet slowly. I have 20k typed up now, not much of it done this month, of a 100k novel. This isn't going to be done this month, methinks. The chapters get really long from here on out, so maybe I need a better method of doing this. Google Docs types slowly, probably because of it's live updating thing. It's not the only reason things are going slow, but waiting for it to catch up to my fingers is annoying. I might type it somewhere else or something and then upload or copy/paste it into Google Docs. I'd like to at least get this whole thing typed up before the month's out. I have over eight hours logged and only a few thousand words written. Oh, turns out more than I thought. I can't remember exactly where I left off, but I've typed up somewhere between 12,000 and 14,000 words. I guess that's more than a fraction of 20k. Well, technically it is, since any number smaller than 20,000 is a fraction of 20,000, but we're speaking of- ok, stopping.

I guess the point is editing feels tedious today. I have the plotting bug. I will not allow this bug to make me sick and quit editing, because this story must be edited. I don't typically want to give up in the middle of a novel, but editing is different. I guess. I dunno. I'll get over it, carry on, wotwot?

No comments: