Saturday, March 5, 2011

I'm a Bad Person...

'Cause I didn't get up early this morning. My alarm started up, and I went to turn it off, but accidentally snoozed it. I took my five minutes, and then when it went off again I actually did turn it off. I was lying there a bit, telling myself that I was getting up, but I guess lying to myself the past few days that I could go back to bed after editing finally caught up with me, and combined with staying up later than intended last night left me with a head that didn't want to take any more sleep procrastination. Sheesh. And it turns out my mom got up late too, so tea was ready late. If I'd gotten up in time I'd be done editing and in bed therefore with a happy head and finished editing by the time tea was ready. Alas, for the roads not taken. Oh well. I got it done from something like 9 to 11.

I typed into OpenOffice today and copy/pasted to Google, which made me a little happier of a camper. I hate lag when I type, don't you? I also got to track how many words I ended up typing in those two hours. I think it was about... 5k? I forgot now. I've got about 25k up in the cloud now, which is approximately 1/4 of the whole thing. Yikes. I have almost 10 1/2 hours now, and about 43 pages, at an average rate of about 4 pages/hour. I'm 1/5 done, hour-wise! I have 150 pages to go, though. Somewhere around 75k. 37.5 hours of work, if I keep my average page count up. Somewhere around 19 days of work left for me, I guess. But what's after that? I guess reading it again counts as editing, that'll take some time. I have one little part that'll need to be rewritten, I know. A tidbit that needs putting in... I didn't think of these until recently, or else I wouldn't have line-edited first. Oh well. I'll just have to spiff them a few times. Um... If I really need time after that I guess I'll think through Crystal Glare again and focus on what I did wrong, and maybe start plotting. It's not breaking too many rules...

Sometimes this stuff feels so slow that I can't imagine that I'll even get through this dang story before month's end, but my numbers all add up to say I'll need to do additional work afterward if I want to win. It's so curious, how the human brain can perceive things to be so totally skewed.

The new Pokémon game comes out Sunday. I don't get it until the 9th. It's for the best, I think. The more days before I have it suck my time and attention away from anything else the better. I have piano practice too, you know.

No comments: