Saturday, March 26, 2011

I Wonder If I'll Get It Right This Time?

I'm actually a little nervous about writing Crystal Glare again. This is a bad thing, since being nervous is not something for the drafting stage. Not that being aware of it is ever very helpful for me, that I know. It's like the ACT: I was nervous, knew it was stupid and unhelpful to be nervous, but it hardly helps, it just makes me frustrated at my nervousness. I do wonder if I managed to check it at all, though. Anyway, I guess I just don't want to have to draft this thing again. I don't know for sure why I've kept poking at it for so long. I guess 'cause it's a worthwhile idea, and a chapter of Yavn's history that should be written, but written right. It's a cool plot now. Really! I think. I plotted out the timeline of events, it came to 10 chapters -- which appears to be my new magic number or something. Crystal Science was 10 chapters, too. Well, I suppose it might be ten sections, or something. The definition of chapter is fuzzy for me, just a little.

Anyway! I was just writing out my plot as if I was explaining it to someone -- like I usually do -- and things were looking pretty impressive. I had character backstories, subplots, everyone had something to do, never really just tagging along like those annoying characters can. Then I put it into a timeline, and I wonder if I scared myself with over-simplification or somethin', cause now I feel like my plot stinks. It doesn't stink, dangit! I like this plot! I'll get over it. And I think I'll start writing it in April, so I have a little time yet to think about it and modify the plot -- though I don't think I will, at this point -- and generally prepare for the project. Today I have a cold. I'm not starting today.

No comments: