Monday, March 21, 2011

Can I Be Done Now?

They say works of art (if I may be so presumptuous as to call my story "art") are never completed, only abandoned. Well, I feel about ready to abandon this thing. I finished typing it up, read through it again for flow and such-like, sent it off to a few readers who wanted to read, read through again in order to write chapter summaries (that actually took almost exactly my two hours today), but what next? I don't want to line-edit through it again, that might kill me. But I have to have 6 hours and 51 minutes more before I can win stinking NaNoEdMo. Three or four more days of doing... something. I'll run it through EditMinion, which means reading through it again. Sigh. That might take me a day or two. It's lacking in description, but I don't really want to go through it and put stuff like that in. I probably could line-edit again, but I just really really don't want to. The answer is no, I can't be done now, I have to get my hours. You know, if I had just waited until March to edit the thing at all, I wouldn't be having this problem. I'd probably only be barely done scribbling on it with my red pen, or maybe halfway through typing it at most. I'd not have to worry about this whole time thing.

Tomorrow: EditMinion. After that... hope I got some input back from someone I guess. I'm about to go crazy here.

No comments: