Monday, March 7, 2011

Oh Hey, Stuff Happens This Week!

I mean, Big Fun Scary Goal stuff. Stuff always happens during the week. School, video games, sleeping, etc. but this week I also get to finish up my Latin book, hallelujah, and next Monday I start my Italian book. Yay! Speaking of, I took my Italian Bible to church yesterday, and followed along in the verses. It was slow, but I did manage to understand it, I think. It helped that it was a fairly well-known passage to me. Wow, I sound pathetic now.

My grammar isn't awful, I think, I still don't have an idea for the more complicated tenses, but I can figure those out I think. What kills me is my vocabulary. I have virtually none. It's just that there are so many words, and there's thinking of finding it, then remembering it, and then continuing to remember it. Grar. I guess I need more interactive stuff or something, to keep me going and using words. I downloaded a copy of a Pokémon movie in Italian, but I've not yet set aside the time to watch it. Maybe I'll do that later this week or this weekend or something. I'll need to get some time for it when there's nothing going on in English that I need to pay attention to (Ha! Ended a sentence with a preposition, didn't I? I hate that rule anyway. Is stupid).

Oh wait, Pokémon Black and White came out yesterday. I should get it... tomorrow. So much for getting anything done this week or the next. Well, I'll discipline myself to get editing done, probably only by bribing myself with said game. School might get done. Watching an Italian Pokémon movie? Don't think so. Not paying close attention. I'll be playing White while it goes at least, which means I'll understand approximately... nothing of what's said.

I'm up to 14 hours of editing today, by the way. I could take a day off and not be behind. Not that I will, of course, but it's nice to know. I'm on page 81 of 212 after day 7. Numbers still contradict my bored head. I should get a plan on paper for after I line-edit. Read through it again of course, check to make sure all of my structure is ok, maybe go chapter by chapter and actually make notes. Kick myself for not doing it before. That all counts as editing time, yes? I'll make a note to myself, eventually.

Is school time, methinks.

No comments: