Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Plotting!

I decided to bend the rules a little, since I so very much wanted to be done with Crystal Frontier, and I'm waiting for feedback from my readers. I still have five or six hours left, so I'm bending the rules a bit and plotting for Crystal Glare and counting it as editing time. I don't think it's actually breaking them, just bending them. After all, I've written Crystal Glare twice already, and I'm keeping careful track of what I did the last two times in order to fix everything -- or at least most things -- I did wrong. Eh, whatever. I don't care a whole lot.

The only problem is that I don't like to rush or push myself on plotting. Drafting, yes, get the words written regardless of the quality. But plotting... I have a general idea of what happens, but it needs to ferment. I've only edited for about an hour today, working on character profiles and the like. I just hate to... You know, I don't know what any more. Oh well. If I draw a map of Yavn as of Crystal Frontier, that counts as editing, right? Yeah, I think so.

No comments: