Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Tuesdays Aren't Busy

Not really, anyway. It's kind of nice. If I can still wrap up pretty much all of my school in the morning (like I did today, except for my reading assignment), then that leaves all afternoon for Minecraft and other such non-school related activities. My reading is covered too: for the next month I'm assigned Emma, by Jane Austen. She's a good writer, but I've found with most of my school books this year that good though they may be, I have a hard time reading large chunks of them at once, like I'm supposed to. I've not finished a lot of books this year just because I don't want to fall so behind. I'll just skip it, rather than read eight chapters a day. Anyway, this time I went on Librivox.org and downloaded Emma as an audiobook. I don't usually get audiobooks or podcasts listened to, since I'm usually doing something that requires though that distracts from what's going on in the story. If I'm going to have to just sit and listen, I may as well just read the book. That was before I was playing Minecraft xD now I'm listening to it while I play, since while the game can require some thought, it's not in words or anything like that, as if I was doing math or science or anything like that. I can kind of go on autopilot. If I get this book finished early, maybe I'll download one of the books I'd skipped before and see about listening to it. I gave up early on Gulliver's Travels, and although I enjoyed Three Men in a Boat, I didn't finish that one either. I mostly finished Frankenstein, and it was good, but I think I ended up skipping that last bit. I should find out how that ends, I suppose.

Unfortunately I can't play Minecraft while editing or blogging or writing. It's more a problem with not having enough fingers as my attention. Although editing and writing would be bad to do with only half my brain on them. Blogging, eh, who's gonna notice?

No comments: