Monday, January 10, 2011

A Dvorakless Post

So I was thinking last night about my learning Dorak and whether it was worth it. I mean, I'm pretty fast on Qwerty, and even if Dvorak is faster, how long would it take for me to learn it so I'm as fast as I am on Qwerty now? I think it's probably not worth the effort. Oh well. Right now I'm somewhat slower than usual, what with trying to get used to my old layout again, but it's coming back fast. Just after pauses sometimes I forget where a key is. I'll get some writing done and fix that today I think.

So, two days of typing, wasted. Così è la vita (that's "such is life" in Italian. I tend to want to say it in the French, something like "Ce'st la vie" or something, but since I'm not learning French, but rather Italian, I try to use the proper language). I did get some writing done last night, while my brothers played Minecraft. After a while I went to bed, and they stayed up all night building stuff. I imagine they're about to head to bed though. I'll probably take a closer look at what they've done when I'm listening to Emma again. I'm still in volume two, but I think I'll be finishing quite ahead of schedule, maybe enough so I can listen to Three Men in a Boat or something before I'm supposed to read Wuthering Heights. Hmm... that might be another audiobook one. When I read sometimes I can go for too much comprehension, particularly when it's a style I'm not familiar with. It makes me read really slowly, and it's not feasible that I finish hardly any of my assignments on time. Well, I'm too lazy maybe. Anyway, listening is different. Stuff blows by a little, but in general I just let it wash over me and it's not only enjoyable, but I even understand what's going on at least as well as if I read it, I think.

In other news: SNOW! There was a nice coat on the ground when I got up this morning (an actually reasonable 7:30), and it's still going at it at... 10:40 now. It buys me a day off from giving a piano lesson to a friend, therefore freeing up my afternoon for school and Minecraft and writing, perhaps a little editing. I love unexpected down-times. Well, they're annoying sometimes, when it's really really last minute, but the weather forecast had predicted this, so I kind of had two plans for today, one where I run around like a chicken with its head cut off, and end up picking up extra slack this evening regardless, and one where I'm much more relaxed, get to play in the snow, and get everything else done. Ha. We'll see how much I actually get done.

Yoiks and away!

No comments: