Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Getting My Rear In Gear

And Christmas with my family. Anyway, title first. I've been slacking terribly with my editing, but once I get home I'm putting myself in first draft mode for a while. One scene every day until I write all of these scenes that I need to.
I like first draft mode. It's familiar. Anyway, once that's done, I can start the micro-editing.
And this does tie in to Christmas with extended family, cause we had that today, and I got a few writing books. "Is There a Book Inside You?" by Dan Poynter and Mindy Bingham, and "100 Ways to Improve Your Writing" by Gary Provost.
At any rate, starting probably the 2nd, I'm getting up again and writing until I get this thing done. I want it done ASAP so I can move on to my newest NaNo. And then I also have to work on my other BFS Goals. I think I'll try and do a monthly post on my progress, so I don't forget.
And now I go to read my books.

1 comment:

Anna Scott Graham said...

oh, I like 'micro-editing'!!

happy 2009 and good luck with those goals!