Friday, December 5, 2008

Oh dear...

Well, I finally managed to get through my novel with my notes written, and now I just want to see about writing in the scenes that don't exist, and then I'll rewrite the scenes that might as well not exist, and then I'll move on to going line by line.

Speaking of...this is the part where I think I'll mess up the most. I have hardly a clue how to do this. I guess I'll work a scene or a chapter at a time and just see how good I can make it, but how exactly do I work at making it better? I'm kind of afraid I'll just make it worse. Although the beginning at least is bad enough that it's going to be hard to make it any worse.

4 comments:

Anna Scott Graham said...

the beginnings of mine just seem to...

well, they are horrible. no getting around it. I shove WAY too much info in, and then have to slot it somewhere else.

just read, noting where things seems ungainly. make some notes, how it could be better, less cluttered, or whatever the problem seems to be.

then go for it! cut and paste is a very handy tool...

Anonymous said...

What is this, why you editing already? Don't you know about NaNoEdMo? ;)

Unknown said...

Thanks for the tips! Actually, I do know about NaNoEdMo, but this is last year's NaNo, and if I want to get the CreateSpace offer I have to have this done by mid-april. But then I also have the offer for this year, which runs out the first of June...so I don't feel like I have time to wait until March...

♥Jamie! said...

Hey :]
I was just going to ask, If I could read it, well whenever you allow someone to read it lol