Friday, December 26, 2008

'Nother BFS Goal

Learn to drive. I'm 15 years old now, and I've driven for all of two minutes once on the way home, once we got onto gravel. In order to accomplish this big, fun, and scary feat, I'll have to get a driving lesson in our old ('73 I think) blue pickup truck. It's about the hardest stick shift ever, so if I can drive that thing, I can drive anything. Then I have to get a permit, take driver's ed, get enough hours for a restricted, then get enough hours for a full license once I turn 16. Wait...I actually do turn 16 this year...that's a scary thought. I've never thought of myself as a 16-year-old. I don't know what I'll be like. Of course, I tend not to be able to think of myself as any age that I haven't been yet. Birthdays are strange for me. It seems like you're supposed to be so different than the day before your birthday. You're 15, then all of a sudden you're 16. But you're never really that different. One day doesn't make that much difference in you to make you an entirely different person. Today, as a 15-year-old, I'm different than I was the day before I turned 15, yeah. But that was...however many months ago. It was back in August. That's enough time for me to have matured. But the day I turn 16? I won't be so different than the day before. I might be different than I am today, since there's enough time for that, but I won't be so different. Age is a strange thing.

2 comments:

Anna Scott Graham said...

what I notice is that before my birthday I find myself thinking I'm that age, which seems odd, but there you go.

I got my license at 16, and it's a thrill! I like your list, and hope the driving proceeds well, along with all the other bits... :)))

daughter_of_god said...

Scary. Absolutely horrifying, Snyd.