Friday, December 19, 2008

I Have Non-Motivation...

Or something. Just today is the first day I managed to actually get up early since...I guess December 10th. Blech. I managed to get a little writing done, but not very much. How come I'm still so unmotivated? It's getting quite annoying really.

In other news, it's time to be thinking about Big Fun Scary again! I had kinda forgotten about it there for a while...every once in a while it passes through my head, but I rarely did anything about it.

Anyway, as a refresher, here's my goal list (summaries of how I did included):

♪Grow closer to Christ: I'm trying to think of where I was at the beginning of this year...I think I've grown this year in that way. We had one of the most awesome mission trips ever this year, to Alaska. On our day off in the week we were up there for, we went to a glacier park, and there especially I noticed the incredible beauty of nature again. God's creation is just amazing. I kind of wish we didn't have to go home. I need to get us to go back up there with the whole family for a vacation or something. But I've grown some I think...I certainly hope so. If I haven't grown closer, which way have I grown?

Learn Italian to a conversational level: Um...not really. I tried, failed, and forgot about it until recently when I got a friend to partner up with me. So I've started again, and things are going better. So...goal for next year: finish up the course I have in Italian, and not forget it.

Learn to sightread on the piano: This one is kind of hard to quantify, and I didn't do it in December, so it's hard to know. I'm certainly not at the level of my piano teacher for sight reading, but I think I actually can do it now. Even when I play a late intermediate song (which is all I can play usually right now anyway), it has some semblance to the way it's supposed to sound. So I guess I accomplished it. Playing out a hymnal was kind of a subgoal here, and it's...I dunno whether to say accomplished or not. It's certainly not finished, since it requires more experience, but I can kind of do it...

Finish my CSS course: Uh...not really....kinda forgot about it.

♪Finish my JavaScript course: Also not really. Also forgot about it.

♪Post in this blog at least once a week: Anope. Even with the weeks I had set that I could miss, due to various things, I didn't do it. Whoops.

♪Write at least twice a week: Also anope. I've been writing quite a bit recently, but after the beginning of the year I fell off for a while. Oh well. Maybe writing twice a week is a lot anyway. I do need some days off.


So even if I didn't win, I learned quite a bit over the year anyway. Now I just have to think about next year's goals...I think I know of a few, but I kind of like have a good list. Anyone else who reads this thing do BFS? How'd you do?

1 comment:

Anna Scott Graham said...

lots of intriguing ideas... that first one's one of mine too... :)))

go for the language! and have a most happy Christmas!