Thursday, December 25, 2008

Christmas and BFS

Merry Christmas to all! Today has been entirely relaxed. I got up later than sometimes (I woke up at seven and tried my hardest to fall back asleep, but to no avail. I managed to stay in bed for about an hour though), and had a nice leisurely morning, and when my brothers finally got up, we hung around for a bit before moving on to the presents. It was nice. I got my mom a home-made book of Wordoku (which has a longish story that I'll tell in a minute), Tucker got my dad two CDs (An Eric Clapton and a Bela Fleck), us kids got a flying bat thingy each from "Santa," Samuel got a new leatherman tool, a computer game, and a new iPod. Tucker pretty much just got a shotgun as his present. It's a nice gun though. Hardly used, but quite old, great condition. I got some smelly lotion (good kind of smelly. At my house we have pretties (like jewelry) and smellies (like scented lotion and soap and air fresheners and stuff)), some smelly soap, some new earbuds, and a 16GB Creative Zen Mosaic mp3 player. I don't think I'll ever use 16GB. I had been using two before, and I was all right. But ask me again in a month and see what my answer is.

About the Wordoku...the other day at Borders I saw a book of them, but the lines were like 30 minutes long and I had my brothers waiting for me, so I didn't buy it. Then the next evening I got an idea to make a book of them myself. I went online to find the puzzles, and then put them all into OpenOffice to arrange them into the book. Yesterday morning I got up early and finished them up, and then I made a few trips to the UPS store to get them printed and bound. It would have been done in one trip if I had just arranged it right the first way, but oh well. My mom really likes Sudoku puzzles, and these are just the same, but they use letters. When you finish the puzzle, a word shows up in the diagonal.

Sorry for the poor writing, I'm a little bit hyper what with all of the Christmas excitement. Now to move on to the Big Fun Scary challenges that I've gotten so far.

-Grow closer to Christ
-Win NaNoWriMo 2009
-Edit Crystal Glare (my 2007 NaNo)
-Edit my 2008 NaNo
-Learn Italian to a conversational level
-Learn at least one fancy musical piece for flute
-Keep getting up early every morning, whether or not I write with the time. Shall we aim for...60% of the time?


The one on top is the most important of course. And Italian's back up there again...I really do want to learn it. Let's see if I actually can this year. And then I want to learn something fancy on my flute, hopefully to help me with learning that. Getting up early...I like how things are when I do that, but I also need days off now and again. So hmm....editing is pretty straightforward...I want to get them done, and maybe bind them myself if I can't get it done in time for the CreateSpace thing. Um....I'll update the list if I think of anything else I want to do.

No comments: