Friday, January 2, 2009

Planning

So here's what I'm going to do. I've figured out how many days in the year I have to get up early in order to make 60%. It comes down to me being able to miss 146 days in the year. Taking out what I suppose is 52 Sundays that I'm scheduling as my day off, that means I can miss 94 other days.

As for keeping track of what days I get up and what days I don't...how about I keep a widget on my blog saying how many days I've missed and such. What's disappointing is that I've failed to get up every day so far this year. I'm defining early as 6:00am or earlier. Ok, one less thing to sort out.

I got some good writing done the other day in the car. I was in the back all by myself, and just plugged in my mp3 player and wrote a good chunk of a scene. It felt nice to do all of that really. I need to finish that beast up so I can go on to my micro-editing. Which will probably still be kind of macro. I still need to hack at a few places before I can start in with the nail file.


And then when I finish this one I can start on another...if I don't get these done in time for their CreateSpace deals, I at least would like them done by November...we'll see though.

At any rate, at the end of each month hopefully I can post and say how I've gone about completing my goals and see how I want to progress in the next month. This month...I'd like to finish the scene set I have to rewrite, and then start with the micro-editing. Once I think I have the biggest kinks out, I think I'll send it for someone else to read it and tell me what they think about the thing and what my issues are, and then I'll keep on going with it. I dunno if that'll happen this month though.

I'll probably ask for a driving lesson from my dad this month, if I can muster up the courage, work on finding a good piece for flute, and keep getting up early. Quite a few of these are kind of on-going, aren't they? I guess that's good though. Maybe it'll help me keep them in my mind.

And now I'm off to see about maybe doing something productive! Or maybe I'll just sit and play my DS. Who knows?

1 comment:

Anna Scott Graham said...

I call it the brutal hacking...

nail filing is good too... very witty there!!