Friday, January 9, 2009

Second Thoughts

I've been thinking about the CreateSpace offer I was thinking of going for, and about what I've heard about it and it's terms and such. And I don't know if I really want to do it. I mean...I want to do it. I want a paperback copy of my book, it would be awesome to think of myself as published, but...is it smart for me to be published at this age?

I mean...if I do this, I'm published. On one hand, that's awesome. I'm published at the age of 15. On the other hand, it's going to stink. There's no way around it. Anything I write today won't be as good as what I write when I'm older, almost certainly, especially if I keep writing. So if I publish now, I probably won't get a chance to return to my stories and rewrite them into more masterful pieces of art. It's happened before with something I wrote years ago, and rewrote last year. It went in a different direction, but that's ok. I think it's better now.

So if I go and get the ISBN, all of that goes away for that story. Getting my book in print would be fun though...but there are other ways for me to get a book bound than publishing.

So I guess I need some advice (from the all of three people that read by blog). What do you think? Should I do this, or not? Personally I'm going to pray about it more to know what I should do, but advice is welcome here.

1 comment:

Anna Scott Graham said...

it is a commitment of sorts... previously the offer was far less complicated, with LuLu books.

prayer is the best way to go. I'm still hoping to get mine printed, but still need to go over it with a fine tooth comb. it's not only getting a 'printed copy' but agreeing to publish. and that is a different kettle of fish...

at this stage of your life, it might be better to find an alternative route to have a copy of your manuscript. I applaud your foresight. :)))