Monday, January 5, 2009

Progress

I've gotten up early a few days now...and I've gotten the scene's I've finished writing into yWriter. So I just have a few more scenes left to write really (a few as in five or six...), and then I'll be done with that and I can move on.

I also got my flute back from the repair shop since I dropped it before Christmas. And I got some information that's interesting to me. I didn't go along when my mom dropped it off, but when she came back she said that the guy said it was a student line flute, but it had a solid silver headjoint. Which actually greatly increases it's tone next to just a silver-plated headjoint. But when we went to pick it up, he amended his statement. All of the tubing on the flute is solid silver. He says it's unusual, because really the only flutes that are solid silver are open-hole flutes with a B foot. Only professional flutes. So this is a student flute that's solid silver. It makes the tone much better. He said that it wouldn't hold me back certainly. And that someone had paid a lot of money for that flute.

So anyway, it sounds much better now, even before I dropped it. He replaced some of the pads, and he said the others would probably have to be replaced in a year. It's a lot easier to hit high notes now, and it just sounds sweeter.

Also flute-ish related, I've been really back into my ocarinas lately, and yesterday I ordered myself a professional-grade double ocarina. This one actually. I've never played a 12-hole (a double ocarina like this one is basically an extention of one), so I've got a lot to learn, but I think I can do it. Whenever it arrives.

Oh, and another goal! I want to get to the point on my flute so that I'm actually deserving of playing in church. Capable...whatever the word is. The way things will probably go is I'll play even though I shouldn't be, because there are people on the team who like to add all sorts of things in. But as I am now I have no business playing flute in church every Sunday.

Um...what else is there...no progress on driving, no progress on editing my '08 NaNo...a little progress on my '07 NaNo...no progress on picking out a flute piece. Italian...I have yet to get together with my friend again, and I want to see where she is before I go on, so I'm just flashcarding right now.

1 comment:

Anna Scott Graham said...

very interesting about that flute... cool for you!

things come as they do. one of these days the mood will hit to tackle a difference goal on the list.