Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Driving Lesson: Check.

Yesterday I finally got myself the traditional first driving lesson in the blue truck. Now, I have to tell you about this vehicle. It's a '73 Chevy blue pickup truck, bought new by my mom's dad. He was a farmer, and I think that was probably the only vehicle or farm implement they bought new. Eventually it got passed down to us, and we use it to haul wood and stuff like that.
Since this thing is so old, it's a stick-shift, and not the most fun car to drive. It's kind of nice that I'm last because it used to have a problem that the clutch didn't want to come up all the way, and you'd have to pull it up the last new inches with your toe. My dad took the time to get that fixed a while ago, but my brothers had to deal with that. I got a long lesson though, with one driveway to back into and one to back out of. And driving to try not to fishtail on. Fun.
Anyway, it should be easier to drive pretty much any other car now. And I got my lesson.

2 comments:

Anna Scott Graham said...

now that's a bug fun scary thing!!!

congrats and keep going... driving is really a lovely skill... and ever so handy!

Anna Scott Graham said...

oh, hope you feel better soon too!