Monday, January 19, 2009

Italian and Plotting and...um...

I guess I don't get to do the "three things and oh my" thing today. Truth is, I've had a cold, which makes me want to do absolutely nothing. I did get into my head that I want to write a fanfic of some sort, and I kinda have a plot for it, and I haven't finished writing those scenes yet so I can't even get started on line editing Crystal Glare, so I can't start editing my '08 NaNo, so I can't go back to the story I was writing before NaNo!

I have found time for Italian though, which maybe is my problem. Anyway, I can't form too many sentences yet, but I'm getting closer, and I don't feel like I'm learning just phrases and such. Syntax is going to be weird though I think...for a while anyway.

Hey, I have a question for people who are good at editing, or have at least done it before. Is it even possible to write a story and edit another one at the same time? Or do they tend to mess with each other? And what's it like to edit two stories at once? Then again...I don't know if I should anyway, since all three of these things are related in their ways...I'm just impatient.

2 comments:

Anna Scott Graham said...

gonna take a stab at this...

it is possible to write and edit at the same time. editing two at once... hmmm... not tried that.

this past month I wrote one story in the AM, edited another in the afternoon/evening. the one that I edited was just sent off to a publisher (we'll see how THAT goes) and my better half thought it was the same story I was writing in the mornings...

uh, no. :))) he's good at many things, but doesn't understand the whole writing/editing process.

it is possible, only because they are two different animals. in that for me writing it pulling it all right out of my head, but editing it taking that and tweaking. editing isn't as brain sapping, because the basic foundation is down. rewriting isn't easy, but there are already precedents set.

edit blah blah blah... if this isn't coherent, I still have my cold. and I hope yours is better!

Anna Scott Graham said...

no putting up at all... looking forward with great anticipation to reading YOUR first novel someday!!!