Monday, February 7, 2011

How I Become Behind on My Goals

People on forums and the like explain unexpected absences with things like "real life got in the way." But what do you say when the internet gets in the way of real life? I wonder if I should be asking this question somewhere other than the internet...

Anyway, I'm now a week behind on Latin, because I was way too lazy to work on it last week, honestly. I'll blame the fact that I lost my fountain pen that was with it, a disposable one that it might be. What's that? I have a whole box or two of them in my room? Yeah, but I just feel so bad... that fountain pen that went springing off I know not where... it was almost out of ink maybe, but even so...

Ok, so I guess I'll be a week behind starting Italian, or I'll get two lessons done in a week sometime (ouch!) or something. I won't just give up on the thing. That's just stupid. Seriously. I actually kinda like Latin, to be honest.

In other news, I finished writing out that Fictionpress story the other day, though I'm sure I left a lot of loose ends going. I don't care. It's DONE, dangit. Now I just have to edit it and get it uploaded. No problem, right?

Oh, and the ACT is this Saturday. There's that too. I'm a little nervous. Instead of working through my Pre-calculus book, I decided to just write a report on the functions using internet and my Geometry book and whatever else I could scrounge up. I put in how they applied to the physics I knew too, though I doubt I'll need that. It helped cement their use in my mind, anyway. Maybe I'll send the report to my brother or someone who could grade it, or at least check that my facts were accurate.

So yeah... things humming right along.... I can't wait for spring....

No comments: