Monday, February 14, 2011

ACT: GO AWAY.

So because I don't have much else to chat about, we'll talk about how the ACT went. It's comprised of four tests over English, Math, Reading and Science -- in that order. The English is the longest test with something like 60 or 65 questions, but it's also the easiest. A few of the questions strike me as somewhat subjective, as far as sentence placement and wording and stuff. Whatever. It was still easy. The math section was what I was after a better score on... I don't remember exactly what score I need to get out of Intermediate Algebra. I'm still not sure if I did well enough. I don't know much about matrices or... some geometry stuff. If you have a circle circumscribing and equilateral triangle circumscribing another circle, and you know the radius of the outer circle, what's the radius of the inner circle? I have no clue. That was one of my tests. I gave a guess.

Reading is easy. Scan the article, read the question and options, find the answer, answer the question. Science is... annoying. I think it went better this time than last time. Reading and interpreting graphs doesn't count as real science to me. Oh well. It's done. I don't have time to take it again, so if I have to take Intermediate Algebra, whatever. I need a... 22 for College Algebra. I think my last test got me a 20 or something. I should check. A few points shy...

In other news, my desktop computer, with all of my Minecraft stuff on it, broke the other day. Same problem as it's had before, it stopped sensing the hard drive. Last time we ended up taking everything apart and dusting it with canned air. After that we didn't get the drive hooked up again right, so it was somewhere near a week before it was turned on again, when I finally had it plugged into the power source again. It worked happily for a while, until now. I know not why. I never did solve the problem before, so I don't know how to solve it now. My mom thinks it's probably the heat sink, and it overheats because I leave it on too much. Maybe, but then why doesn't it work when I leave it off for a few days? I don't know how the heat sink on the motherboard causes the hard drive to malfunction, or the motherboard to malfunction ONLY in sensing the hard drive. I don't know much about hardware, though. I just don't want to lose all my Minecraft work. That'd be annoying. Wiping the drive wouldn't help, I think. It's not been the drive itself in the past. I won't lose my work to corruption, at least.

Another goal down. I get a little break this month until March, which is NaNoEdMo. I'll work on Crystal Frontier, hopefully get it done, and then... I guess I'll go ahead and plot my next idea. I dunno what for sure. Maybe Crystal Glare. I don't want it to take a NaNo again. It's probably at least... 70k or so, and I don't care to extend NaNo into December, thank you. Not sure why... I don't mind a multi-month project in the summer, but not around November. Oh well.

I'll be finishing up Latin next month, then is Italian, which will hopefully boost me into some better skills. I should listen to Italian audiobooks again. Podcasts, videos, anything with spoken word would help, I think. Onwards!

No comments: