Sunday, November 25, 2007

My Talents

Before we go into this, it should be noted that I have virtually no talent. I say virtually because everyone has a strength. For me, the things I'm talented at, I'm not even really remarkable at. Like...writing. I like to think that I'm a fairly good writer for a 14-year-old. But that's just it. I'm fairly good. I'm not remarkable. I don't stand out like that. The thing is, very few people stand out in any field. So I guess I just have to do it because I like to do it. I won't spend all of my time doing it. I have other things that I need to do. But I'll spend some time that I can spare for writing. And right now, I will seranade you with Haiku.

*~*~*~*

Talent. What is it?
That which you are so good at?
Compare yourself now!

Do you feel so great?
There is always one better,
One who can beat you.

Those who are the best,
If they tried so hard, there's fear.
Who will beat them next?

They live in constant fear,
If they love their position.
One will overtake.

But if you don't care,
You can enjoy your new place.
And still pass it on.

So enjoy your place,
But do not love it too much.
For it will go away.

*~*~*~*

See how bad I am? Anyway, the point is, when you're considered the best, odds are you won't stay that way for long. You're what people strive to beat. And someday, you'll be beaten. Anyway, why in the world am I talking about that? It must be NaNoWriMo. I start rambling.♪

Oh yeah! I'm ending all of my posts with that little music note thingy now...♪

1 comment:

Lynn said...

First of all I hate you because you have reached the nano goal and I have not. Secondly, when I was your age I often said I didn't have any talent. I seemed completely average, still do. Over the years though I have found that my talent is that I can do anything I decide to do. I may not do it the best ever, but I can usually do most things well enough. The problem with talented people is that they tend to stick with their talents. We untalented people can do anything. It is late and nano has turned my mind to pudding, so I am rambling. Forgive me. I am off to write 2,000 more words before bedtime.