Friday, November 9, 2007

Got the Poem!

Thursdays, how I hate thee,
You fill my life with dread
and then deliver worse than I imagine.

I can't stand how busy you make me,
How you make me so tired at night.
You force me up, then push me down.

I don't mind each activity on its own,
But in one day? Not enough time!

Piano I can deal with,
Swimming I even enjoy,
Watching kids is even ok.

But do them all in one day,
and on top of school,
I can't do it! No way!

In November, with 1,667 words per day,
How can I do it all on a Thursday?

I want to lock myself away,
With a laptop and only a little internet,
And just write the day away.

But Thursday, you vile beast,
You force me out, you keep me from operating,
I can't get a thing done! There's do much to do.

*~*~*~*

Wow, that came out better than I thought it would. Seriously, I wasn't anticipating line breaks, but they just popped up. That's cool, the two parts with only two lines even kinda fit. Look, two verses, then one with two lines. Two more verses, then another with two lines. Then two more verses. Maybe it should've ended with a two line verse, but I couldn't think of what to put. I'm not going to care right now.

No comments: