Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Ah, a terrible poem, and info!

First I shall serenade you with a terrible poem. I wrote it kind of on the subject of NaNoWriMo (which is the info by the way)

They say everyone has a book inside of them, one that's just waiting to be put on paper. Then why is it, when I write it all out, that I'm surprised at almost every scene? I wrote out an outline, I thought it all through. I drew up maps, I thought of my characters. Why is it then, that I'm constantly surprised? Why is that each thing that comes out, it startles me, and sometimes makes me laugh? If it's from my mind, how can I not know what it is?

Shock-and-awe, that's what I get, each time I lock the editor away. I don't look at the last sentence I wrote, I merely keep writing. When I finish, I look at what came from my head, and I read over it in wonder. I wrote that, I got it down, now my editor can come to play. She'll look at it, then pull out her red pen, she'll mark it all up. I'll type it again, and think about it more. It'll be better each time, but either shorter or longer. The thing that matters is that it's on paper.


And now for the info:
NaNoWriMo (National Novel Writing Month) is every November, and you try to write a 50,000 word novel during the 30 days of November. It's insane, that's been established many times over. The point is, so many people do it, and it's so awesome to see what comes out of my head *points to poem above* I hope that makes my point. I apparently don't know it's there until it's on paper. I planned it out quite a bit, but I'm still amazed.

No comments: