Tuesday, November 6, 2007

First Post!

I've tried to remember to blog, but after a while I always stop. I'm going to keep writing in this one though! Why? Because this blog is about my writing. So I've got no reason to procrastinate. If I write, I should remember to post in this blog. If I post in this blog, I should remember to write. The only thing I'm going to have trouble with is people. I need people to read my blog. So, whoever might be reading this now: GET EVERYONE ELSE TO READ IT! That's your job. It's also called passing the buck. Not my problem anymore. Anyway, I'm not much a poet, and now I need to read the book "heart to heart" again, because it's got poetry that doesn't seem like poetry. I need to remember this: Poetry isn't about what rhymes, it's about invoking a feeling. It doesn't have to sound pretty or anything, I just need to make you feel a certain way. When I was little I'd write little poems. They didn't rhyme hardly at all, and if they did it was by accident. A friend of mine (who's older than me, I haven't seen her in a long time though) seemed to have it in her head that poems had to rhyme. So she'd make add a line or two that would rhyme. I don't know why that's so drilled into my head today. I know that they don't have to rhyme, but I just can't convince myself.

I should probably tell you why I chose the name. The writing part you probably understand. The weird names comes from a few things: The first: I'm weird myself. Self-proclaimed.

Which reminds me: I need to point something out: I'm a Christian, and I will probably talk about my walk with God in my blog posts. If you are going to take offense at that, then you probably don't want to read my blog. Anyway, the reason that the weirdo thing brought me to the fact that I'm a Christian, is the fact that as a Christian, I am called to be set apart from the world. I need to be weird. I need not to conform to the ways of this world.

Reason number two: The most successful books/stories I write are fantasy, and thus have a lot of weird names. I have to write with them a lot. To be honest though, I kind of like it. Names pop into my head like dandelions. So I use them. I'm sure you'll hear about lands I've thought of, and people I've named, so don't worry, you get to hear a lot of ramblings yet.

This brings my introductory ramble to a close. Thank you for reading.

No comments: