Saturday, September 11, 2010

Yes, I Must be Insane... Day 2

Yesterday went fairly well, I suppose. I managed to get all 10,000 words that I needed that day, though I would've liked more buffer. As it was, I was only 238 words ahead of schedule. That's ok though, I'll build it today. My morning went on schedule, not as well as yesterday morning, but I won't be too picky so long as I get the requirement. I'm at 16,000 words for the weekend now, over half done. Today I build buffer for the trial of tomorrow...

I don't have to play tomorrow morning at church, but I'll still be there from 9:00 until 12:30, which is a sizable chunk to steal from me on the last day of a writing challenge. My plan is to have as much extra done as I can handle without killing myself, and then I'll get up early and write before church, and get writing as soon and as hard as possible after. If I could get about 2,000 extra today I'd be on schedule, since I can probably get 3,000 done before church.

I guess that means I should stop wasting words on blogs and get to writing the actual story, huh? There is the secondary goal of finishing the story, but things are going about on schedule there, too. I finished chapter six (marking the halfway point) at 16,564, so I'm not worried about finishing the story. What worries me is that I'll run out before I get to my 30,000.

Onward and upward!

No comments: