Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Grar, Again.

I hate my spiffy little netbook right now. Not only have I been unable to restore it to what it was before I put Ubuntu on there, and subsequently wiped the drive, I haven't been able to get any kind of Windows OS on it. I finally wiped the drive, because my mom and I were told that was why the restore disks we got from Gateway didn't work, but we're still getting the same error message. A Windows XP disk won't work, my mom's Vista disk is an upgrade and therefore can't be used for a clean install, my brother's Vista and 7 disks are both 64bit and therefore can't be used at all with my computer, being only compatible with 32bit.

I don't know why the XP disk won't work though, or why the recovery disks from Gateway won't. All I know is that it's driving me (and my mom) absolutely nuts. I'd be content with Ubuntu, if I could just get it to work with the printer. I hate having to email anything I find on my netbook to another computer just so I can print it. I know there's a way to set it up, and to get it to network with the Windows computers, but I'm not smart enough to know how, and at this point I just want the thing to work.

Grar.

I still haven't done any more plotting, and I haven't been able to get up early very well either. It would help if I didn't go to bed so late. The weather's been cooling off, bringing to mind memories of October, and therefore NaNoPrep. Also last year's NaNoWriMo, where I spent the first morning out in the car, with the cold, and with a cold, in the dark. I got to see some Seka though, when it got a little lighter. NaNo started on a Saturday that year, as I recall. We were in Southeast Kansas for a fun Halloween parade thing called Neewollah. It was fun, at least I got my words that day, I think.

Is it weird that I remember the Novembers because of NaNo? And that October instantly makes me think of NaNoWriMo? And that I tend to plan my entire life around November? Well, not my entire life. But even so... I'm insane, I'm sure, but it's a good insane, right?

Right?

1 comment:

Rapa said...

You're definitely insane.
The good insane. Mwahaha. -eyetwitch-