Tuesday, March 10, 2009

My Bad!

-smacks self- I've been meaning all day to write a post and I've never gotten it done. I feel like I have to write how my line-editing went, so I'll just jot this down before I trot off to bed.

This morning I got up and printed off the first part of my book, and settled in with some different colors of pens to start marking it up. Red was deletions and grammar/spelling, Purple was for inconsistencies and fact changes, Green for overused words and phrases, and Blue for stuff that needs rewriting, whether it be something that doesn't sound right or something that person wouldn't say or do or think.

There's a lot of blue. And I'm sure there's more to be seen. Now, I edited on paper today, but I think maybe I'll try editing on the computer a bit, to see which I like better. Computer saves trees, but I wonder if it'll kill my novel...

I just have to remember to always ask: is that the very best way to say that?

And this is going to take several trips through each scene I'm sure. I've already gone through my first ten pages once or twice, and I keep finding new stuff. I need to put it into the computer soon though. Tomorrow!

1 comment:

Anna Scott Graham said...

sounds like you're off and running!