Monday, November 17, 2008

NaNo Day 17

I'm sorry, I kept meaning to post and meaning to post, but I never did it. And so you missed probably about 10,000 words. I'm at 40k today. That means that I only have 10k left to write...scary thought for me.

I've been wondering about how close I am to finishing my novel, since they say it's best to be done by the end of November, even if a few scenes were just sketched or shortened. I kinda hate to do that, but since I would like to be able to edit Crystal Glare without worrying too much about this one, I made up a checklist/story arc thing. I have eight sections counting the prologue, and I've totally finished three of them, and I'm probably a little less than halfway through the fourth. So I'm a little over 3/8. I guess if I broke it down further, I've done ten of twenty-four sections, which can be reduced down to 5/12. But like I said, I'm part-way through another section, so I might be closer to 6/12, which puts me halfway through.

But then, the sections probably won't be that even, and I arranged the chapters so that each of my three POVs gets one showing per chapter. I might actually start making things move a little faster, and added details and bits can be in later. I don't want to skip over scenes though, too many fun unexpected things happen for me to trust myself to just color in the lines.

Oh boy...40k though...50k is just around the corner...

No comments: