Thursday, April 28, 2011

Well, That Was Quick

So... yesterday I finished Crystal Glare. Highest daily wordcount was yesterday, nearly 3,000 words. 21 days of writing, for a total of about... 44-45k, I think. I'll let you know when I get it all uploaded into the computer.

It's vaguely worrying that all of a sudden my stories are so short. Crystal Frontier was written in '09, and came out close to 100k. I edited it down to about 60-70k. I don't mind. That's a good length. NaNo '08 ended up at about 60k, which was good, for as little of a plot I had. But things have kinda gone downhill since then. NaNo '09 was pretty long, I think, Crystal Glare Draft 2. But I haven't enjoyed a whole lot of my stories since. I've stressed over them one way or another, which is a problem. I enjoyed Enori. Whatever summer that was. Late summer '09? I don't remember now. I'll check. Ah. Summer 2010. More recent than I thought. Last summer doesn't feel all that long ago. Anyway, I enjoyed Enori. It wasn't based in Yavn, though. So I think maybe I should take a step back from Yavn, for a while. I've got exploration plots in Shorion and... does that other country have a name yet? Oh well. I think Yavn is getting a little old. I tracked its origin, as well as Shorion's, roughly, but I don't know hardly anything about Shorion. It might breathe new life into both of them as far as relations between the two. I mean, eventually either one or the other is destroyed or they come to some sort of peace.

Anyway, it's nearly May. May holds graduations and a LARP -- Live Action Role Play. Should I write in May? It probably wouldn't start until the latter half. If I wait until June, that's got my senior recital. Now, the question there is whether having a project will help distract me from the stress or just stress me out more. I'll take a few days and think on that.

I also have that language I'm creating, Ganyi, that needs some work. There's a lot more vocabulary to work on, and maybe an alphabet to polish up shiny a bit more. I wanted to get a short story or somethin' written up in Ganyi before NaNoWriMo this year. And then there's Italian, and a little more science yet, and literature... I might just see if I can take a break. I have various other things to do while I wait.

All right then!

No comments: