Friday, April 15, 2011

Summer Jobs and College

Today apparently is a day to be grown-up, or something. I hate growing up. It stinks. Ah well, così è la vita, I suppose. Oh yeah, Italian's been going pretty well, too. I feel like I'm learning at least a little. Anyway, I got my acceptance email from the Community College today, which means figuring out when I'm going to go in and take the COMPASS math test. The whole test thing frustrates me, since I thought my ACT score was high enough that I could go straight to college algebra, but it appears that I'm still a point short for JCCC to let me straight into the class without an assessment test. What's annoying is that I'm that same point short from going straight to Calculus, if I were to attend KU. What's up with that? Whatever. I'll go in Monday or Tuesday, before enrollment, and take their stupid test. I'd like to get that done before next Thursday, when enrollment opens.

I also called around a little bit today for some summer jobs, the library, pharmacy, maybe a local restaurant/catering place. I'll call them in a bit. I guess. Meh. I don't even really want a summer job, but the powers that be decree that I shalt have one. Blech.

My words wrote themselves early today, my motivation being that I needed to look for a job. Good thing, too, or else they might not get written at all. It's one yucky day outside. Rainy, cloudy, coldish. I thought we were about done with this. Oh well. The story progress, with bickering characters that are really fun to write. I need to remember that.

No comments: