Sunday, April 5, 2009

March Summary

Sorry I'm late! I keep thinking of it, but never at a good time, and so I forgot... anyway, on with the routine!

  • Grow closer to Christ Like I seem to keep saying, this is just hard for me to judge on, no? I like to think I grow closer day by day, but it's hard to know if that's really true.
  • Win NaNoWriMo 2009 Still waiting on working on my plot inkling, although I'm about to start working on it just out of boredom.
  • Edit my 2007 NaNo On a standstill. I really want to rewrite the thing, but I'm still waiting on my second opinions. I need to pester those people into finishing up.
  • Edit my 2008 NaNo Still waiting, although I'm about to just go ahead and start on this, or my plot. I need to keep moving on something.
  • Learn Italian to a conversational level Moving along I suppose, though I only got like one lesson done in the month of March. I couldn't get together with my learning partner for most of the month, so it was difficult.
  • Learn at least one fancy musical piece for flute I still haven't picked out my piece yet, and in fact haven't practiced my flute hardly at all. I need lessons and time slotted for practice.
  • Learn to drive (driver's ed, permit, restricted, license) I'm going to make a point to study for that test and get my permit this month. Hopefully.
  • Get to the point on my flute that I'm capable of playing in church See above flute goal. Practice practice practice. I think I'd do way better with formal lessons than as a self-taught flutist.
So, all in all, I need to put more effort into my day. It didn't help that I caught a nasty cold last month, but I'm out of excuses for that by now. So my list includes the driving test, flute practice, editing on something, and hopefully I can keep up/catch up on school doing all of this. I also need to make more effort to putting some real posts on here...

I will feel happy about my Italian though. Despite not getting to review and learn with my friend, I feel like I've advanced in my Italian some. I'm nowhere near fluent, but I think I can make sentences on my own. I just hope I'm not doing it wrong and messing myself up.

Maybe sometime this year I actually will be able to carry out a conversation in Italian...

1 comment:

Anna Scott Graham said...

keep going with the bilingual!!!