Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Changing Gears

Only slightly I guess. I got tired of waiting for responses from friends who have no time, and I think I’ve got to rewrite Crystal Glare anyway. I’m just so unhappy with it…

I started reading through my 2008 NaNo (which badly needs a title, don’t let me forget that), and it’s made me realize all the more how bad Crystal Glare is. I guess it’s a good thing that my writing’s improved, but I’ve got a lot of work ahead of me on that monster.

I haven’t finished reading through it yet, but I’ve been thinking that’s it’s not going to take as much work. It won’t need shuffling around as far as I know, since I planned it out way better. I need to check on my characters to make sure they’re realistic, and of course just everything in general, but I might be able to go almost straight to line-editing. That’s my hope anyway.

Crystal Glare… I think it has some potential, but it just needs so much work that I don’t want to think about it right now. I want to write out the plot again and remember what I want it to be, and then I think I’ll just draft it again. For the most part anyway. I’ve got some stuff that ended up popping up later that would be better if I meshed them in with the beginning more, and my characters just are… more cardboard than I think I have the skill to fix just line-editing. Some of the stuff I inserted might be able to be left alone fore the most part though. If I’m lucky and don’t change things too much in the beginning.

All in all, I think I want to warm up on my more recent writing attempts before I try to really tackle that thing.

Or am I just wimping out?

1 comment:

Anna Scott Graham said...

I look at some of what I've written, and feel the same... is this worth salvaging...

one story in particular, and there always seems to be something else in my hands.

so... not exactly helpful, but what does it mean to YOU? is it a project you really want closure with? if you get some more writing experience under your belt, then returning to Crystal Glare might be more better suited to your time...

what do YOU want?