Friday, October 31, 2008

Time Issues...On NaNo Eve!

So today some old friends from Africa are coming to visit, which is awesome, but they're spending the night, which is also awesome.
But you see, I'll have someone in my room tonight with me. And I want to get up at five tomorrow morning. Now you see my issue? I've been getting up early for a long time, but my biological clock still objects. Not as much as it could, true, but it's not actually really set to get me up at five or even five thirty. I don't want to set my usual alarm, because it's insanely loud and would surely wake the guest in my room.
I might have a solution, I might not. I can't remember how hard of a sleeper this girl is, and that might have changed anyway. But I have an alarm on my iPod (even though it doesn't repeat...), and so I can set that and have my earbuds in while I sleep, assuming I can keep them in my ears. When I wake up, I can quietly grab my stuff and move to a different room of the house so I can turn lights on to stay awake, and type away on my Neo. Hopefully.

My issue on this is that the alarm might not wake me up. It's not that loud really. I might end up setting my phone alarm instead, since it vibrates. It'll probably wake me up better. But the question is, will it wake up the other girl?

Oh, and I don't get my all-day writing extravaganza after all. There's a church picnic tomorrow...I should have enough time to get my words done, but there's no chance of getting 5k or anything that day, like I was kinda hoping. I don't know how long it'll take; it might be an hour or two, it might be all day. I think it'll be more on the all day side though, since talking and fellowshipping will be going on. All that is great, and I enjoy it myself. But on the first day of November?

And I have a choir recital Sunday, and a play to watch, and there's a catfish fry...etc. etc. I always feel so busy in November. I guess people assume that there's not actually all that much going on in November, so the schedule stuff to go on then. Then again, it might be that I just want to have a lot more time to myself and my NaNovel.

Despite everything, I'm looking forward to tomorrow. I can finally stop waiting and start on my novel. Although, no matter how much I'm waiting, it still seems to sneak up on me at least a little bit. It's that there's no transition, it's not November, it's November, and then November's over. There's no in-between.

I'm not starting at midnight this year, since I do want to be up early tomorrow, and even though my body complains, it would complain more if I stayed up late tonight and then tried to resume the schedule. It's best not to upset it too much. I'm getting up half and hour earlier, but I'd just like to have the extra time on the first day. Even just thirty minutes would help me get a better start. Don't as me why.

1 comment:

Anna Scott Graham said...

I'm not waiting for midnight either, but if I sleep badly and wake at 3... :)))

good luck! hopefully your roomie will be accommodating!!!