Friday, October 24, 2008

Editing?!

I haven't done any editing before. I totally rewrote a story once, and it went in a different direction than the first time, and I don't think it really counts, especially since I haven't touched it since. But a few days ago I got an email from the NaNoWriMo people saying that Createspace, a company started by Amazon.com, is offering to give all NaNo '07 winners a free paperback copy of their manuscript. I'd send it off right away, but I haven't even read last year's NaNo yet, much less edited it. And I don't want to start now...since I haven't done this before I want to be able to give it my attention. But I think I'll start editing as soon as I hit 50k this year. The code is good for six months, and that gives me until April, but I don't know if I can be "done" by then. If not, well I'm going to get it into a proof copy anyway! I can't pass up the chance to get my book in paperback. I just can't.

2 comments:

Anna Scott Graham said...

isn't that the coolest thing? I've taken a few looks at one of mine from last year, and will definitely get a copy of it!

editing is pretty interesting, once you get into it... enjoy!

Unknown said...

Thanks! It all seems kinda scary right now, but I'm looking forward to trying something new. I just hope that I can get it done in the six months I have.