Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Writing and Catching Up (Along with Lucky Stars!)

So far since I've started my 2k-a-day writing schedule, I haven't missed a day, and in fact, I'm about 2 1/2 days ahead. Which will slide down if I don't get my words today. Instead of getting up at like 5:30am like I usually do, I thought I would give myself a day off and set my alarm for 7:45am instead. I should've known that I couldn't get up at any reasonable hour. So I didn't actually sit down to write until noon. Then I ended up going back up to eat lunch after writing about 75 words, and after that I didn't get any done really, because we went to Wal-Mart where I bought something (I'll tell you what it is later in the post), and then we went to the floral and gift place for scrapbook paper.

I got a text from a friend I met in Africa name Audrey (Audrey, if you're nice enough to read this, hi!), I can only assume my brother gave her my cell number.

And the rest of this will be related to lucky wishing stars. They are so much fun to make. I don't believe they're lucky, but they're sure fun to make and do stuff with. Yesterday I was making them by measuring, drawing a straight line with a ruler, then using sissors. Today at Wal-mart (I told you I would tell you!) I bought a sliding cutter-ma-bob that I can measure and cut on, so making the strips is going so much faster. The scrapbook paper is for some designs to use to put on the stars. It turns out really nice.

And now I'm going to stop writing this post and I'm going to go write the other 1,359 words I need today.

No comments: