Thursday, August 14, 2008

Quadruple Loop

I'm dazed and confused (for so long it's not true). Anyway, I've been thrown for a loop four times, and always thrown again before I'm out of the one before. Here are the things that have happened, all of which throw me:

1. My friend who I only know online got her internet back suddenly
2. I finished Rulani
3. Today I found out that I have 60k fewer words to reformat on my NaNo that got corrupted
4. (Very soon after three, just a bit later) I found out that I hadn't tried opening my corrupted NaNo in OpenOffice, and it opened perfectly.

So. I'm mad at myself, my computer, my flash drive, and at Microsoft Word. I don't think I'm going to use it at all if I can help it anymore. Anyway, I have a new, bigger flash drive, since I don't even know where the old one is (it corrupted my file anyway, I'm pretty sure. Although that's my fault to. I had it in the same backpack as some pretty strong magnets), and I'm putting my NaNo on there in OpenOffice, plain text, and Word forms. I'm also changing my file formats to OpenOffice, although I guess I'll keep the Word files around in case I go to a computer that doesn't have it. But Word doesn't like me anymore I don't think. It won't open my files if I just click on the icon anymore, which makes me worry about it's sanity (and me writing this is making me worry about my sanity). So yeah. I'm going to switch to OO. Anyway, I now know my NaNoWriMo novel wordcount. Including some notes to myself and such (none of which were very long):
92,677, or, ninety-two thousand, six hundred, seventy-seven.

I don't know how much I thought it was, but that's plenty long. I'm mostly glad to know.

Now, if you'll excuse me I'd like to enjoy my loops.

No comments: