Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Yay!

*happy dance* Oh right. I'm happy because I got to have my braces off today. This is going to be one of the few times I write about myself in the real world.

We went to the orthodontist this morning at about ten, and we didn't get out until something like 11:30. That's ok though, because they yanked my braces off, scraped the glue off with something that sounded and looked like the drill the dentist uses when you have a cavity (It smelled like burning feathers when they did that by the way), and then they took impressions for my retainers. I get one set of clear ones and also a holly (the kind that you see in most cartoons, with the plastic that goes on the roof of your mouth and then the wire that goes around your teeth). After we left (with my teeth feeling strangely slimy, I still don't know if that's how they always feel and I forgot, or if they really are slimier than usual), we went to Panara bread where I got coffee (of course) and a nice sandwich with roasted tomatoes and a tomato pesto, and greens, and chicken. It was wonderful. I was stuffed by the end of it. Then we came home, and as soon as I feel my stomach can take it, I'm going to have a bowl of homemade popcorn.

In other, possibly more interesting news, the other day a friend came over, and I think she thinks I'm a master web programmer. Because she wants to make a website with me (meaning I do all, and I mean all of the work. I'll have to put whatever graphics, do the CSS, whatever JavaScript I can, write all of the pages...etc, etc). I can't really do much with a website, though I'm getting a little better. I can't do PHP or anything like that, so I can't do user logins, which would be better for what she wants to do. She once sat and watched me code something the first time we tried, and when I finished, she said she expected there to be more than that for the time we spent. I should have told her to go buy dreamweaver or something, then she could see how it would work as she made it herself. But she's my friend, and I think I'm supposed to be nice to them. I know there are tons of Bible verses. Like..."Love your neighbor as yourself," "love your enemies"

I'm not saying she's an enemy of mine, but if you're supposed to love your enemies, how much more should you love your friends? Anyway, I just kind of wish she would be more realistic.

Rambly/ranty today, aren't I? Please don't ask me to do more, because I will if I get half a chance.

1 comment:

RiftDoggy said...

Yayyyy! *Does his own, slightly embarrassing happy dance.*

I'm the only person in my family who didn't need braces, but, as nearly everyone else I know has, I kinda know how fun it feels.

Oooh. *Looked at your first post.* I'm, like, your opposite. ! I was raised in a Christian family, but the faith never really *clicked* with me, and for a while I've been learning about other belief systems, and the world in general, to help me find out what I believe. So, *makes thumbs up motion* to you! I'm always happy when people really explore their beliefs.

Yay for bracelessness!