Friday, December 28, 2007

Christmas!

I understand it's almost the New Year, and I probably should do a post on that, but still, it's right after Christmas, and I haven't done a post on that yet, so here we go.

For Christmas I made out like a bandit really. I got No Plot? No Problem! By Chris Baty, Outcast of Redwall by Brian Jacques, and those were the only books I got. I also got a wonderful red toggle hoodie, some nice earrings, um....I know there's more...anyway. That was Sunday, where we got to visit family for Christmas. When we got home on Monday, we had a nice Christmas Eve and then on Christmas day I got...hmm...well, my brothers made me my wooden sword, I got a DS Lite, also a cat book, oh! I also got an AlphaSmart Neo!

That one got me excited actually. I asked for it, but I didn't really expect to get it. I was wondering if I'd ever be able to buy it for myself with me having to pay for mission trip too. So I'm extremely happy that I got it.

Ok, I think I'll have some rambling about New Years in this post too, just for the fun of it. On the NaNoWriMo forums, there's the Big Fun Scary Year thing. Anyway, here's my goal list right now. I might add more as time goes by.

-post in this blog at least once a week (I will have to except one or two weeks out of the year however, as there will be some circumstances that I won't be able to post.)
-Finish writing this year's NaNo.
-Put my shiny new AlphaSmart Neo to good use by writing...say....at least twice a week. (Same weeks will have to be excepted, except during car travels with them I may be able to write in a notebook, but I doubt it.)
-Hmm....I'm toying with wanting to learn French or Spanish or Italian or something...to a conversational level I guess...but I dunno about that one. Shall we say that's a possible goal?
-learn to sightread better on the piano (That's being able to just look at a song you've never played before and play it right there. I can generally do the one-finger melody straight up, but I'd like to be able to do more than that on the first or second go-through)
-another piano related one. This is because my dad really wants me to: Learn to play out of a hymnbook. For me to be able to do this, I need to accomplish the above goal. Sightreading. It's just that sight reading out of a hymnbook seems harder than anything else.
-Finish my CSS self-course. (It's fun, one of those 24-hour things, with 24 1-hour lessons, but I just haven't finished it)
-Finish the JavaScript course (same kind) that I also bought
-Figure out what programming language you need to know in order to program usernames and passwords and all that junk so I can have a more interactive website! And then possibly learn said language.

Those aren't in any particular order, just as they came to mind. So...Do you have any goals or anything you want to get done by the end of next year?

No comments: