Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Hmm... It's December...

Which means I suppose it's time to think about Big Fun Scary Goals. Unfortunately, a year is kind of a vague deadline to finish these things, so I may take a more structured approach. Brainstorming stuff, then. For today's post, we'll start with the stuff I'd like to get done:


  • Work Italian into an actual conversational language for myself
  • Begin work on Swahili
  • Get Ganyi somewhat functional
  • Finish editing Crystal Frontier
  • Maybe get a little bit of a plot on paper for yet another draft of Crystal Glare?
  • Participate in NaBloPoMo (I'm thinking January for this? Maybe a little modified to take Sundays off)
  • Take the ACT and get a better score
  • Find a college
  • Start college
  • Finish that one Yavn story I've been putting on Fictionpress and get the whole thing on there. That means editing the dang thing too.
  • Get another summer novel written, I suppose
  • Of course win NaNoWriMo.
  • Wait, maybe make that help make sure my mom wins NaNoWriMo this year, whether I do or not.
  • So maybe I should make that "finish NaNoWriMo in a week or two so my mom can have the rest of the month to write her brains out."
  • Ouch. 50,000 words in a week.
  • Oh, and I wouldn't mind actually finishing my Latin course either. It's helpful for language learning and making, I've found. Stupid cases and tenses and conjugations.

Hm, lots of bullets xD anyway, somebody remind me next week or something to get these into monthly schedules or something. I was thinking maybe finishing my Italian and Latin courses by September, and when school starts I start Swahili, under the careful tutorship of my parents and maybe a few more books. Ganyi perhaps should be put into the actionable goal of a novel or so many stories written in the language.

Speaking of! I need to do another worldbuilding novel for another country. I think it's going to be a nomadic people, and their language is gonna be an isolating one. I should learn Mandarin for research on that, I guess.

No comments: