Monday, November 22, 2010

Oh Hey, I'm Done

Saturday I finished, just before heading off to see Harry Potter. I took the time to shower, but that was even a close call. As a result, I didn't get to validate my wordcount and all that until Sunday. Oh well. I'm trying to remember... finishing on the 20th might not be my fastest time for wordcount, but I'm pretty sure it's my fastest for finishing the novel. I love it when a plan comes together. Yiridi and Poeyan died, Derad and Antrin got to move on with life... happiness. I probably didn't handle my plot very well, as usual, but it's NaNo, so I don't care. I don't.


I probably missed a few scenes (almost definitely the epilogue) on description, but I did say to the best of my ability, didn't I? So anyway, I managed to include a lot more description than usual. I'm pretty pleased with that. Technically I always have some description in a scene, because whenever someone does anything I describe that, but we were talking intentional appearance description and such-like. Uhm, anyway, I think I might get my map.

Now that NaNo's done, I can resume working on origami Christmas decorations and working on a few recorded songs (which is kind of a secret project for a friend's family so I won't talk about it much, even though none of them read my blog), things like that. I'm taking the week off of school, since if I take off I might as well take a whole week or else mess up my schedule. I need to read a few day's worth of Frankenstein, but that's pretty much all the "homework" I have. I also need to finish up the story I started posting to FictionPress, and maybe work on editing Crystal Frontier a little bit more, since I have a few friends wanting to read that one too.

And Christmas lists. Crud. I hate making those.

No comments: